Share your incredible life story with the world.
Let us ghostwrite your book and get it published!
Premium Memoir Ghostwriting ServicesOur memoir ghostwriting services are designed to bring your unique story to life and ensure it’s widely available to all who want to read it. From the early planning phase to that rewarding moment when you crack open the first page of your book, we will be your dedicated ghostwriter, professional consultant, and publishing expert.
Personalized Ghostwriting ProcessWriting your life story is one of the most personal and intimate undertakings in the literary world. No one knows your life better than you do, so transferring the richness of your lived experiences onto a printed page is no simple task. We want to know your triumphs, defeats, lessons learned, roads taken (or not taken), and all of the fine details that have gone into crafting the narrative of your life. We know this is a complex endeavor and we embrace the opportunity to get to know you and tell your story exactly how you want it to be told. Our team will work closely with you step-by-step through the entire process to ensure that your story is told the right way—your way.
Collaborative Ghostwriting ApproachWhile our ghostwriting services are comprehensive, you will still be closely involved in the writing process and have the final say on every facet of your memoir’s composition. While your ghostwriter will provide the words for your life’s experiences, you are the author of your life and book. The process involves a great deal of creative collaboration, but ultimately this will be your book. If you do not like it, neither do we, and we will revise the manuscript until you’re completely satisfied with it.
Our Memoir Ghostwriting Services Include
- Interviews and research to learn all about you and understand your story
- Planning and outlining your book
- Ghostwriting original content based on interviews or notes
- Revisions to our writing per your feedback and guidance
- Meticulous editing to ensure your text is free of error
- Formatting and typesetting for Print-on-Demand or traditional publication
- Literary agent search services
- Publishing consultation for traditional publishers and self-publishers
- Book cover design
- Self-publishing services—we can handle the entire process for you
- On-call availability to discuss your project and consult with you from beginning to end
Why Choose Us to Ghostwrite Your Memoir?Choose Kevin Anderson & Associates because your story deserves the best memoir ghostwriting service in the industry. Our firm offers you the rare opportunity to work with a New York Times bestselling editing and ghostwriting team that will guide you through every phase of the ghostwriting process. From the moment you first contact us, you will enjoy the highest level of professional service and dedication to quality. We will ensure that your story is well developed, beautifully written, and ultimately published.
Award-Winning & Bestselling CredentialsOur impressive client list includes New York Times bestselling authors, business executives, publishing houses, public figures, and people from all walks of life who have lived fascinating lives. We are a well-respected ghostwriting firm and many of our books have earned lucrative deals from major publishers, including HarperCollins and Random House. Whether through a print-on-demand (POD) press or traditional publishing house, our comprehensive memoir services guarantee that your life story will be published and widely available to your readers.
We Understand the Memoir MarketMemoir and autobiography are incredibly popular genres in the publishing industry today. A thorough knowledge of the industry is critically important in identifying the types of stories that are finding success in the literary world and the style in which these stories are being written. Our ghostwriters are not only spectacular writers but also voracious readers and industry experts who can advise you on the best approach for your memoir. We will write your book in a way that both reflects your personal style and connects with your target audience. One of the most difficult aspects of writing a memoir or autobiography is the ability to discern what experiences and events make for the strongest story. Not every detail of a person’s life ought to be included in their book. The best memoirs captivate readers through narrative force and a well developed story arc. Our ghostwriters will help to weave the seemingly unrelated moments of your life into a cohesive and compelling story that readers won’t want to put down.
Don’t keep your story to yourself. Your memoir deserves to be told, and we want to write it!
Learn More About Our World-Class Ghostwriting Services
How Do I Choose Which Aspects of My Life to Include in My Memoir?
It all depends on the story you want to tell. Lucky for you, we have a team of talented ghostwriters to help you articulate and shape the narrative of your book. Your writer can help you to make choices about which details of your life to include or omit in order to convey your central theme effectively. Feel free to give us a call for a free consultation!
What’s the Typical Process for Ghostwriting a Memoir?
Our ghostwriting process for memoirs is flexible and customizable to your preferences. We can work with you as consultants and editors as you develop the content on your own, or we can ghostwrite the book for you, based on interviews and other information you provide us. We typically gather information via e-mail and phone conversations, though the process may also include in-person interviews, site visits, and independent research as necessary.
A primary writer will be assigned to developing the draft material, which will be reviewed and proofread by additional editors to ensure the highest level of quality. The process usually involves developing a small amount of material at a time and submitting it to you regularly for review and approval.
While we understand that every client is unique and we are happy to adjust our ghostwriting services to suit your preferences, here is the typical ghostwriting process:
- Getting to know you and your publishing goals: The first step in the ghostwriting process is understanding the author—you! We’ll discuss your ghostwriting needs, personal preferences, schedule, and publishing goals in depth and help you decide what strategy would work best for you and your book.
- Planning: Our team will discuss your book concept with you in depth and begin developing a detailed outline of your book.
- Writing and Revisions: Our writing process involves developing 3-5 pages at a time, which will then be sent to you to review and provide feedback. We will then revise the segment per your preferences and resubmit it to you for review and another round of feedback. We will not continue with the writing process until you’re completely happy with each segment.
- Editing and Formatting: Once the ghostwriting is complete, we will have an editor (in addition to the ghostwriter) review the manuscript and ensure that it is free of grammatical error. At this time, we will also format the manuscript for your various publishing outlets (self-publishing, PDF, eBook, etc.).
- Publishing: At this stage, we will develop either your query letter or book proposal and provide you with a tailored list of reputable literary agents to contact. We also offer consultation and service packages to publish your book with various self-publishing platforms.
Am I Allowed to Choose My Ghostwriter? Can I View a Sample of Their Writing?
In general, we’re very adept at matching clients with the ghostwriter who will best suit them; however, we are also more than willing to provide you with writing samples and credentials for your potential ghostwriter. We can arrange for phone calls between you and potential writers and you are more than welcome to select between several options. Our goal is to make sure you’re fully satisfied with your ghostwriting experience from the very beginning.
How Much Interaction Will I Have with My Ghostwriter and Editor?
You can have as much or as little interaction with your ghostwriter and editor as you’d like! We tailor our process to suit your schedule and your needs. Generally, writers opt to have regular interviews and collaboration sessions with their ghostwriter or editor via phone or Skype, as well as ongoing communication by email. In certain instances, it is also possible to arrange for in-person meetings with your ghostwriter or editor. The entire process can be molded to best support you!
Can I Work with My Ghostwriter One-on-One?
Of course! You will have ample opportunities to interact with your ghostwriter by phone, Skype, and e-mail. In many cases, we can even send the ghostwriter to meet with you in person, or we can arrange for you to meet with them at their location. Not all of our ghostwriters are available to meet with clients in person, so please be sure to let us as soon as possible if in-person meetings with the ghostwriter are essential to your project.
What if It’s Not Working Out with My Assigned Ghostwriter?
If you’re unhappy with the material you’ve received from your writer, you can simply give that feedback directly to the writer or our editor-in-chief and we will revise accordingly. Our skilled ghostwriters are able to shift their tone and style based on input from you to ensure that you connect with the writing. If after multiple revisions you are still unhappy with the writing, we can assign a new writer to the project who is a better match for you—this type of flexibility is one of the unique benefits of working with a professional firm.
Will You Help Me Conduct Research for a Biography?
Yes, our ghostwriting packages can include research services. Whether your book requires basic Internet searches or rigorous scholarly research, we have writers on staff who can conduct effective research and synthesize it into your book.
What Is the Difference Between a Memoir and an Autobiography? Which Is Better Suited for Me?
There are many similarities between memoirs and autobiographies—both are nonfiction, factual accounts based on the author’s life, written in the first person—but the biggest difference is the timeframe that is covered in each genre.
Simply put, an autobiography tells the entire story of the author’s life, while a memoir tells a specific story from parts of the author’s life. A memoir might address a particular period of time or phase of life that holds significance, or events that are all related in some way. An autobiography generally covers all aspects of the author’s life up to the time it is written, though some experiences may be given more or less emphasis to convey the desired theme or overarching message.
When choosing whether to write a memoir or an autobiography, consider whether you would like to write your life story, from the beginning to the present day, or whether you would like to focus in on a particular period of time.
What if I Just Want Feedback and Consultation on My Book?
Our editing and consultation services are perfectly suited for writers who are looking to improve their work. We can give input at whatever level of detail you’d like—overarching feedback on the structure and concept of the book, critical review on the flow and transitions, or copyediting changes to the text itself. We can also address specific issues, as per your request, in our review of your work.
Once the Ghostwriting Is Complete, Can You Help with Publishing and Marketing?
We’ve assisted many first-time and experienced authors with self-publishing their book and securing lucrative book deals through traditional publishing avenues. We’ll craft a query letter or book proposal that you can use to promote your book to agents and publishing houses. We’ll help you to decide between self-publishing options, and we can put you in contact with marketing services to get the word out about your book.
How Long Does the Ghostwriting Process Typically Take?
The duration of the ghostwriting process is partly up to you—the author! Depending on your schedule and desired level of involvement, your ghostwriter will develop material for you to review and approve on a weekly or biweekly basis. While every book is unique, on average, a 200-page manuscript will take between three and six months to develop. We can often rush these services for you if you need to meet a specific publishing date.
How Much Do Ghostwriting Services Cost?
Every ghostwriting project is unique, and so the pricing is flexible and varies according to what you choose to include in your package. We customize our services for every client, which means the price is negotiable and based on the specifics of your project. Our comprehensive ghostwriting and publishing packages typically include phone time with the ghostwriter, an original query letter, a book cover, literary agent search, and publishing services, which means the price for your book will vary according to your publishing goals and needs.
Can I Include My Own Writing? Will this Save Me Money?
Yes and yes! We will gladly edit and incorporate any content that you provide. Depending on the strength of the content you’ve written, it may save you a lot of money!
What Do I Need to Consider When Choosing a Ghostwriting Firm?
The Internet is littered with online writing and editing services, making it nearly impossible to sift through the scams and find a legitimate and trustworthy service. Here are some questions to ask when you’re vetting companies to ensure that you pick a reliable firm for all your writing and editing needs:
- Is the price right? If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Developing a high-quality book can take hundreds of hours of work and requires a high level of expertise—don’t be tempted by third-rate writers who market “affordable” prices.
- Who owns the rights to the book? It’s your book, which means that you should own the rights to your content. Be wary of ghostwriters asking for partial rights to your material.
- What is the payment arrangement? You should always pay for ghostwriting services in installments and never 100% upfront. After the initial deposit, you should make subsequent payments only if you’re happy with what the ghostwriter has written up to that point. You should have clearly defined milestones for payments to ensure that you and your writer know what to expect.
- Who’s in charge? Working with a ghostwriter is a collaborative effort, but you should have the final say on all content decisions. If a writer is unwilling to put your needs and requests first, then it’s not going to be your book—it will be theirs.
- Is the service confidential? This is YOUR book. A ghostwriter’s name should never appear on the completed manuscript unless you want it to be there.
Whatever service you decide to use, be sure to protect yourself. Make certain that you are working with a reputable company with experience.